Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Samoan langue week

 This week is Samoan language week in reading have been learning about Samoan Tatau they are a traditional type of Tattoo that is carved in to your skin.

Wanna learn some facts about Tatau?

I knew it, of course you do!
Here they are

         ↓

  • The most important tatau is a men's tatau
  • A Females Tatua is called a Malu and goes from the thighs to the knees A Male Tatau is called a Pe'a 
  • Each different Tatau pattern tells a different story
  • Instead of needles they carve Tatau into your skin with pig bone pig tusk or turtle shell
  • Pe'a and malu are believed to protect the body as well as make it beautiful                                                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post