Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2019

SLJ W1 Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa

I am a quarter dutch and am from the Netherlands!  I don`t know how to speak a lot of dutch I can  only say a few words, here are the ones I know... Goedemorgn= good morning Hallo=Hello,
Banan=Banana, Goedenmiddag=good after noon.


Here are some facts about the Netherlands

  • The Netherlands is ranked the healthiest eating country in the world
  • Dutch men are the tallest men in the world
  • There are over 1000 windmills still standing and there was 1850
  • The dutch government wants to ban selling diesel and petrol powered cars in 2025
  • In the Netherlands there are actually more bikes than people!
  • Holland is famous for how much liquorice they eat
  • Did you know that if it weren`t for Holland we wouldn't have orange carrots?
  • Hollands national anthem is the oldest in the world (see below)
  • In Amsterdam there are over 1200 bridges
  • The currency in Holland is Euros
  • Vincent van Gogh is the most famous dutch painter
  • Netherlands is famous for its clogs, cheese, windmills and flatland
  • In Holland Christmas is on December the 5th and they have sinterklass not Santa (Here is how they are different)




3 comments:

  1. Goedemorgn, Hallo Sophie!

    Thank you for teaching me some of your Dutch language! Is Dutch something that you would like to keep learning?

    Wow great post! You really do know a lot about the Dutch culture :) Have you ever been to the Netherlands?

    I really like how you have bullet pointed your work, this makes your post easy to read and clear. Don't forget to include pictures and colour!

    Blog you later!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabe!
    Your welcome and yes I would like to keep learning dutch.

    No I haven`t been to the Netherlands but some of my family from up there is coming next month.

    Thanks! And what do you mean when you say add colour?

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie!

      Good question! One way you can add colour is to change the background colour from white to another colour, just make sure that your text is easy to read.(You can change the text colour too!) Do you have any other questions I can help with?

      Keep up the great work!

      Gabe

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post