Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

SLJ - Summer Haiku

 Hey Readers!

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Today I decided to do the Summer Haiku for SLJ.

It had to go

5 5 5 5 5 Words

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 Words

5 5 5 5 5 Words


πŸ‘

I enjoyed this activity because I liked thinking about all the things we do in summer. I also liked deciding the words.


πŸ‘Ž

It was challenging finding a free beach photo that I liked but I finally found one on Unsplash (All images on Unsplash are completely free and you can download good quality images with a click of the green download button. You can also thank the photographer once you have downloaded their photo.) I also needed a sun in my picture so I used remove.bg to take one from another image.


Anyway you probably are bored of me blabbering my head off so I will show you my Haiku.

                                                         Link


If you can't read what it says it says:

Waves crash on the shore
Golden sand coats the warm beach floor
The ocean gleams in the sun 

I kinda cheated on the five in the last line because I had to put 6 because I couldn't think of anything with only five words, so I hope you forgive me!

Anyway this was fun but it's time for me to go!
Bye Readers!


P.S Whenever you click on any of the links on this post it will take you to a page that looks like this:


Sorry its a bit blurry but you might run into this page.
 You click this link to go to the website:


If you change your mind and want to come back here click this link:


Now, Goodbye (but properly this time though)











 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sophie,

    Thank you for sharing your haiku!

    I love the descriptive words you have used in your poem. Describing the sand as “golden” instantly makes me picture a beautiful warm beach.

    It can be really hard to fit in with the syllables. While this may not technically count as a haiku, it is still a lovely poem. A big pakipaki for finding a free image as well! I know this can be tricky.

    I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

    Charlotte (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sophie. Great to see you have been doing some Summer Learning Journey activities. I enjoyed reading your haiku and I love how you published it with the beach background. I look forward to checking back in and seeing if you have completed any more activities.
    From Mrs Jones

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post