Pages

Friday, March 12, 2021

Maths Statistics

 Hey Readers!

So far this term we have been doing strand maths. We had to think of a question to do a statistical investigation about. My question was favourite places in Miss McLeod's homeroom. We had to make a plan and record answers from people in a tally chart. 

My options were:

。Beach

。Home

。School

。Library

。Restaurant

。Other


I noticed that Home was peoples favourite place and school was peoples least favourite place.

My Favourite part was deciding in my question although it was tricky thinking of options. Once we had made a tally of our data and then put it into a bar graph we had to put it into 2 different graphs on a google spreadsheet.

Here are my graphs:

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sophie, well thats really interesting research. Graphs are a great way to present data. I am very surprised that 'School' was the least favourite place to be. I wonder what the reasons for this would be? Maybe you could collect data around this as a next step.

    Fantastic to see you learning to present information this way.

    Ma Ma. x

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post