Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Making a recycled board game

Due to the lockdown we have a lot of homework to do. One of the activities is to make a recycled board game.

It was challenging to think of a concept for a game idea. I decided that it was going to be about my favourite youtuber Seth from Seth's bike hacks*, he posts new videos every Friday. He has a second channel called Berm peak express too.

Me and my Dad made a plan of the board on google drawings. We then drew it in pencil on a piece of cardboard, so that we could test it out when we had drawn it all up. It was fun working with dad and getting to pick my own rules and designing the board is fun as well!!!!


                             It's not quite finished yet but here are some photos 😀😀😀



These are the cards you collect when you go around the board.
Here are the rules:

  • When you roll a six you miss a turn
  •  You can't reach the hack shack until you have collected all the cards
  • Start at the trailhead 
And most importantly...
Have Fun!!!!!
Here's the board, there are advance spaces and go back spaces even shortcuts!












Recycled board game on Biteable.
*Click on the link to get to his channel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie! Wow! I love the amount of work you've put into your board game! Working with your Dad on this project must've been fun, he would've had some cool ideas. I really like how you made a biteable as well, this was a nice touch to your blog post. I have a question, how do you earn the different cards? Do you have to land on a particular square of the board? I can't wait to see the finished product!
    Miss McLeod

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post